John H. Bates Attorney At Law

Serving Columbus And Surrounding Areas

Call Now To Discuss Your Case


Skilled Legal Guidance After Uninsured Motorist Accidents

There are two sides to the question of what happens after a serious traffic accident caused by an uninsured motorist.

The person driving while uninsured can pursue a bankruptcy option that helps him or her avoid financial liability for the accident. If victims of these mishaps carry insurance that protects them when struck by an uninsured driver, they can pursue coverage under their own policy. They too will need skilled legal representation if the insurance company is uncooperative.

At my Columbus law office of John H. Bates Attorney At Law, I can speak for the rights of either party when conflicts like this arise. I have offered affordable, quality representation for insurance issues and persons injured in motor vehicle accidents since 1993 in Central Ohio.

My practice in this area includes representing persons charged with Driving Under Suspension or cited as an at-fault driver in a motor vehicle accident where they had no auto or SR-22 insurance. If your driver’s license has been suspended by the Ohio Department of Public Safety or Bureau of Motor Vehicles, I can help you get your license back via negotiations regarding suspensions and/or petitioning the court for limited driving privileges pursuant to Ohio Revised Code Section 4509.101.

Are you considering a Chapter 7 bankruptcy filing* after an accident you cased while driving without insurance? Are you an accident victim and policyholder experiencing difficulty with receiving the insurance benefits you are entitled to receive?

If the answer to either of these questions is “Yes,” a legal remedy may exist in a bankruptcy law, criminal law or personal injury law context. As your lawyer, I will work hard to formulate a practical course of action.

Contact my law firm today so that we can discuss your legal issues in a free phone consultation. Call 614-221-3630 or stay online to send an email message.

*We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.